Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Could I be....?

Let's start with the fact that I'm not much of a carnivore. And not a breakfast person. Rarely eat before 11, or noon, or sometimes 1 p.m. Coffee is my breakfast. I'm just not hungry. And while I love fried chicken and fish, I'm not that big on steaks, pork chops, burgers, etc. I prefer meat IN something, as an ingredient, rather than just a big chunk on my plate. And I don't necessarily eat much of ANYTHING over the course of the day, because I just forget to unless there's something I want. Lunch in the middle of the afternoon, dinner late at night when Husband gets home. I really don't get HUNGRY-hungry very often.
I think it was Sunday last week I made corned beef for dinner. And because Husband doesn't eat all that much of rich or spicy foods, I ate all the leftovers. I think he might have made a corned beef sandwich later in the week, but other than that and what he ate Sunday, I ate the rest of the three-pound roast. Me, myself and I, because Kittyboy's a quasi-vegetarian. I just kept eating, almost any time I was hungry and Husband wasn't home. Then my mom and sister visited Saturday so I could do my sister's hair for prom, we got fried chicken for lunch, and by Sunday evening I'd eaten all of the leftovers of that. Sunday night we had steaks - and I ate that.
Yesterday I realized that for the last week, I'd been eating meat every time I turned around, and at every mealtime, I'd actually been hungry to eat. Hmmm...... this is profoundly weird for me. Then this morning, half an hour after I got up, I was trying to figure out why I didn't feel good - what was this weird feeling in my stomach? I finally realized it was hunger - not, "breakfast time!" hunger, this was RAVENOUS hunger. I was absolutely starving. I was going to be ill presently if I didn't eat. So at 8:30 this morning, I was eating a baked potato with cheese - a BIG baked potato with cheese. Starch and protein.
I may very well be pregnant again. That's GOT to be it. That, or my metabolism has gotten swapped out for that of someone twice my size. Can't take a test until at least this weekend - not and expect it to be accurate. So now I'm drumming my fingers. And eating. And drumming my fingers some more.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Only time will tell, dont you just hate the waiting?! You have a great looking site. I plan to visit more often!

God bless,

Pres. Kathy said...

Your new blog style looks so nice! Keep us posted on what this eating might be!!!! :-)

Caeseria said...

Mrs. Franklin - Yes, I HATE WAITING!!! Especially since my last one was an "adventure" - I want to know NOW, so I can plan the next nine (we hope) months.
Presbytera - I get bored every couple months and change stuff. Glad you like it! I will certainly be posting again...

Mimi said...

Whohooooooooo! Prayers.

I drank orange juice like it was going out of style when I was expecting my oldest.