Wednesday, November 12, 2008

The Best of Times - The Worst of Times

The happy thing first - I've been taking surveys on MySurvey.com, and about a month ago, one of them asked whether I'd be interested in testing a new product. I said sure, then forgot about it completely. Well, yesterday afternoon, what should show up at my door but a package of diapers! Free diapers always make my day!
But now the sad thing. Husband's schedule this last week has been 6 a.m. to 3 p.m. Now, I thought the 8:30-5:30 one week and noon-9 the next, back and forth, was bad enough, because sometimes he was home when Kittyboy went to sleep and sometimes he wasn't. Well, there's something worse, and that's having Daddy already gone when he wakes up. We have this tradition, that I didn't realize was REALLY a tradition until this morning, of him cuddling in bed with us when he wakes up. Monday and yesterday, he was okay with he and I just getting up and starting the day, but this morning he decided enough was enough. He pounded on his door, and when I went to let him out, he ran right over to ours and stood waiting. I opened our door, and he fairly RAN over to our bed. Of course, the covers were all heaped up on the other side of the bed, and he scrambled up and pointed! It must be Daddy! And he crawled right over to the blankets and started throwing them every which way, while I was telling him that Daddy was already at work, and wasn't in bed...
After all the blankets were gone, he sat where his daddy should have been, with the saddest look on his face. Then he looked under the pillows, and when Daddy wasn't even hiding THERE, I thought he was going to cry! I thought we BOTH were going to cry! He wasn't tearing up, but he made the most heartbreaking sounds of disappointment you've ever heard.
And we have two more days of this schedule yet to go.

No comments: