Thursday, December 17, 2009

Christmas for the birds

I don't know why I've never seen this on crafting sites, moms' blogs, etc, but I haven't - so here it is! Stringing CHEERIOS.


Kittyboy and Puppygirl had a NICE long playdate yesterday, and I wanted to do Christmasy stuff. I love stringing popcorn and whatnot for the birds, but Kittyboy's at that age where you don't want to hand him a needle AND he's going to WANT a needle, so he can do what you're doing.
Why have I never read about stringing cheerios? They have holes already made! Two soup bowls full gave Puppygirl and I several feet apiece, strung on yarn with tape around the end to stiffen it for a needle. They make VERY attractive garlands, there's no breaking of popcorn (and subsequent vacuuming required), no needling of fingers, easy and quick. Any generic oat-based cereal with a hole in the middle will work. I think a whole box would decorate several hedges. We decorated the saplings growing off the stump at the end of the drive.






Kittyboy is quite proficient at stringing, but more so at eating! So is his dragon pal, Ock.


Our house has a new, EASY tradition!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

Pres. Kathy said...

How much fun!

Tena said...

Cute! J and I are going to be making some pinecone ornaments for the birds. I'll try to get pictures posted on my blog when we do it.