Recipe of the Day: Roasted Brussels Sprouts With Garlic By Mark Bittman
Andrew Scrivani for The New York Times
- 1 pint brussels sprouts (about a pound)
- 4 to 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, to coat bottom of pan
- 5 cloves garlic
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1. Heat oven to 450 degrees. Trim bottom of brussels sprouts, and slice each in half top to bottom. Heat oil in cast-iron pan over medium-high heat until it shimmers; put sprouts cut side down in one layer in pan. Put in garlic, and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- 2. Cook, undisturbed, until sprouts begin to brown on bottom, and transfer to oven. Cook, shaking pan occasionally, until sprouts are quite brown and tender, about 1/2 hour.
- 3. Taste, and add more salt and pepper if necessary. Stir in balsamic vinegar, and serve hot or warm.
Source: The New York Times